Interested in Applying to Our MCH Program? Click here.
All of us with the GW Center of Excellence in Maternal and Child Health are so glad you have made your way to our site, to learn more about our Center and our MCH Program.
We are one of 13 outstanding MCH programs across the country, all working to ensure our country has a strong pipeline of professional and academic talent to serve the physical and mental health needs of women, children, youth, and families.
Scholarships: For Four MCH Scholars
Because we are a Center of Excellence, we can offer benefits you may not be able to get with other MCH programs. Prospective students who apply early may be eligible for a special scholarship package.
Each year in January, the Center will offer a scholarship-and-work package to supplement one of the school’s Presidential Merit Scholarships. The Center will award four such packages to students who are applying to the MCH Program and want to matriculate in the fall residential semester.
The MCH Scholar package is composed of tuition benefits and income from part-time work as a graduate research assistant. This package is added onto the Presidential Merit Scholarship funds from the Milken Institute School of Public Health. Recipients of the MCH Scholar package shall be assigned to one of the four full-time MCH faculty and will receive mentoring and experience in MCH-related research.
Benefits for All MCH Students Who Are Accepted
- Opportunities to apply for Practice and Research Fellowships in the second year of their MPH studies.These Fellowship awards range from $1,000 to $2,000 each and are stipends to help support students in their Practicum experiences and their Culminating Experience research projects.
- Opportunities for applied practice experiences with our many federal and local government and community-based partners that are leading the way in maternal and child health.
- Opportunities to take part in special research projects with community-based organizations and local health departments
- Opportunities to receive feedback and coaching on your MCH-related writing
- Participation in a special MCH student-led organization that plans educational and recreational activities
I’m Interested. What’s Next?
If you just want to learn more about our program or the Center, please a note to: [email protected], and you also can check our social media on Instagram and Facebook.
If you are interested in starting the applications process, please go to our Graduate Admissions page and learn more about application requirements, deadlines, and timelines.
To connect with our Admissions team, you can schedule an appointment.